Dr. Michalis Toanoglou
- +82 42-630-9747
- W19, #204
Michail Toanoglou is Head of Department & Assistant Professor in International Department of Hospitality Management (SIHOM) of Sol International School (SIS) in Woosong University in Korea.
He holds a Ph.D. degree on Hospitality & Tourism Management from Youngsan University in South Korea, a MSc in Tourism Management (Surrey University, UK) and a MSc degree in Hospitality Management (Open University, Greece).
- Lecturer, Hospitality & Tourism Management, Advanced School of Hospitality Management, Rhodes, Greece
- Management Director, Euroxenia Hotel Management & Tourism Consulting, Greece
- General Destination Manager, Tourism Organization of North Aegean, Greece
- Research Project Manager, Chamber of Commerce - Tourism department, South Aegean, Greece
- Managing Director, EDEN Hellas S.A, Greece
- Hotel General Manager, Kolymbia Beach Hotel, Rhodes, Greece
- Hotel General Manager, Olympos Beach Hotel, Rhodes, Greece
- Hotel General Manager, Rodos Maris Hotel, Rhodes, Greece
Published Articles & Conference Papers.
- Sarkar S.K., Toanoglou M., George B. (2020). The Making of Data-Driven Sustainable Smart City Communities in Holiday Destinations. In: George B., Paul J. (eds) Digital Transformation in Business and Society. Palgrave Macmillan.
- Toanoglou, M. (2018). An Assessment of Internal Marketing Applications in Private Health Enterprises. Ewha Journal of Social Sciences, 15(2), 111-128.
- Toanoglou, M. (2018). Flexicurity and Obstacles in Front: A study for the Tourism Sector in Turkey. GeoJournal of Tourism and Geosites, 22(2), 497–508.
- Toanoglou, M. (2018). The Implications of Financial Constraints: An Exploratory Study among Lodging Firms in U.S.A. GeoJournal of Tourism and Geosites, 23(3), 675–683.
- Chemli, S., Nunes, S., Toanoglou, M. (2018). Sustainable economies by the time of crisis: Snowball effect on medium and small companies. International Journal of Tourism Sciences, 18(3), 153-169.
- Prokopiou, D.G., Mavridoglou, G., Toanoglou, M., & Tselentis, B.S. (2018). Tourism Development of the Cyclades Islands: Economic, Social and Carrying Capacity Assessment and Consequences, 217(1), 509-521
- Altintas, V., Surucu, E., Tuzunkan, D., and Toanoglou, M. (2017). The Relationship Between Income and Branding: A Case Study at Five Star Hotels in Turkey. International Journal of Applied Business and Economic Research, 15(18), 629-639
- Selda U., Tuzukan D., Altintas V., Toanoglou M., (2017). A study on the effects of Demographic Factors on Hotel Selection Process. - 2017 TOSOK (Best Research Paper Award)
- Altintas V., Tuzunkan D., Toanoglou M., (2017). Undergraduate tourism students’ perceptions and attitudes towards tourism industry: an application from South Korea - 2017 AGHTC
- Toanoglou, M., Tselentis, V., & Prokopiou, D. (2013). Carrying capacity assessment in tourism: the case of Northern Sporades islands. Coastal Processes III (WitPress) 3, 115-123
- Toanoglou, M., Tselentis, V., & Prokopiou, D. (2012). Comparative analysis of carrying capacity indices for the central Aegean Islands. European Research Studies Journal Vol. XV Issue 1, 9
- Toanoglou, M., Tselentis, V., & Prokopiou, D. (2008). Sustainability indicators and their role to destinations' strategic development.
- Sustainable Tourism as a Factor of Local Development (Tangram Edizioni Scientifiche, Trento)171-174.
- Toanoglou, M., Tselentis, V., & Prokopiou, D. (2007). Carrying capacity assessment in tourism: the case of Dodecanese archipelago.
- Management of Natural Resources, Sustainable Development and Ecological Hazards (WitPress) 3, 217-227
International Conference presentations & papers
- The Samos Island Culinary Tourism Potential. IMIC conference 2011, Valuing the food experience, Athens 2-3/02/2011
- Coastal Zones & Tourism Dodecanese. 4th National Congress for the - -Management and Improvement for Coastal Zones., NTUA-Laboratory of Harbour Works, Mytilini, Greece 23-27/09/2008
- Environmental Impacts Caused by the Development of Elafonisos Island and the Neapoli District., Ecosud 2007, Sixth International.
- Conference on Ecosystems and Sustainable Development, organized by Wessex Institute of Technology UK, The University of Coimbra Portugal, The University of Siena Italy, 04-06/09/2007
Management of International Programs & Research Projects
- System of Measures of Excellence in Destinations (SMED) for Samos Island. UNWTO - CED World Centre of Excellence for Destinations (2010)
- ISTOS: Innovation for Sustainable Tourism and Services, European Commission DG Regio. Region of South Aegean (2007).
- Global Sustainable Tourism Council (GSTC) | Member since 2018.
- Skål International Seoul l Member since 2015.
- Pacific Asia Travel Association (PATA) l Member as chapter advisor since 2018.
Main Research interest in:
- Sustainable Tourism Development
- Destination Management & Branding
- Strategic Tourism Planning
- Hospitality Management
Dr. Jin Wang
- +82 42-630-4711
- W16, #401
Dr. Jin Wang, Associate Professor, Special Assistant of Vice President, CHE, MBA
Dr. Wang graduated from Beijing International Studies University in 2000 with a bachelor degree, and University of California, Riverside in 2002 with an MBA degree. She received her Ph. D degree from the School of Hotel and Tourism Management, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University in the year 2010. Dr. Wang worked at Dalian University of Foreign Languages and Hong Kong Baptist University as a teaching staff for 1 year respectively in her early period of teaching, worked at Beijing International Studies University as an Associate Professor from 2010 to 2016, and started her academic career at Woosong University since 2017. She is currently a reviewer of two SSCI journals, namely the International Journal of Hospitality Management and Asia Pacific Journal of Tourism Research. ?
With a rich teaching experience of more than 10 years, Dr. Wang is also a founder and partner of two successful companies: Haoye International Real Estate Development Ltd., New Zealand, and Liaoning Huahang Travel Agency Ltd., China. The industry and business experiences enable her to share more industry knowledge and insights with students both as a teacher and as an entrepreneur.
PUBLICATIONS AND PROJECTS
- 2016---Food and Beverage Management. Jin Wang & Yanxian Fang. Beijing Normal University Publishing Group. ISBN-978-7-303-20974-3
- 2013---Influences of Values on Hotel Employees’ Citizenship Behaviors. Jin Wang. Tourism Education Press. ISBN-978-7-5637-2770-4/F953
- 2012---Cultivating “Good Soldiers “in Campus: An OCB Investigation within the Setting of Chinese Tourism Institutions. Jin Wang. 2012 International Conference on Hospitality and Tourism Education and the Trend of the Hospitality and Tourism Industry (ISBN：978-986-6599-22-4).
- 2012---Sharing of Success and Experiences of UNWTO TedQual Certification by School of Tourism Management, Beijing International Studies University. China Annual Report on Tourism Education, 303-310（2012），ISBN：978-7-5637-2504-5.
- 2012---An Investigation on Employees’ Value Root of Citizenship Behaviors within the Context of Beijing Star-rated Hotels. Beijing Philosophy and Social Science Project (Provincial and Ministerial Level Project).
- 2012---A Comparative Study of Hotel Employee Citizenship Behaviors in Mainland and Taiwan (Beijing International Studies University Research Project).
- 2011---Understanding organizational citizenship behavior from a cultural perspective: An empirical study within the context of hotels in Mainland China. Jin Wang & Wong Chak Keung (Simon). International Journal of Hospitality Management, 2011, Vol. 30, Issue 4, p845-854. SSCI Journal.
- 2011---Brand Planning Project for the Central Hotel Shanghai.
- 2010-A Comparative Study on the Measurement Scales of Organizational Citizenship Behavior Within China's Hotel Industry. Jin Wang & Wong, Chak Keung (Simon). Journal of China Tourism Research, 2010, Vol. 6, Issue 4, p358-369.
- 2010---China Tourism Dictionary Project (Provincial and Ministerial Level Project).
- 2010--- Brand Planning Project for Beijing Jijiang Fuyuan Hotel.
Prof. Minjoo Leutwiler Lee
- +82 42-630-9348
- W19, #202
Professor Leutwiler-Lee studied Hospitality Management at the Ecole Hoteliere de Lausanne (Switzerland), and holds a Master’s degree in Major Programme Management with distinction from Oxford University, Said Business School (U.K.). Professor Leutwiler-Lee had senior management responsibilities at international luxury hotels such as The Four Seasons Hotels in New York and San Diego, The Langham Hotel in London, Sofitel London St. James, The Landmark in London.
Dr. Nadezda Sorokina
- +82 42-630-9179
- W16, #401
- Oxford Brookes University Ph.D in Business Studies, UK, 2013
- Oxford Brookes University, MSc International Travel and Tourism Management, UK, 2006
- IMI, PGDip International Hotel and Tourism Management, Switzerland, 2004
- Daugavpils University, Bachelor Degree in English Philology, Latvia, 2004
- Daugavpils University, Professional Qualification as the Secondary School Teacher of English/Swedish, 2004
- Mahidol University, Lecturer, Thailand, 4 years
- Bangkok University, Part-time Lecturer, Thailand, 2 years
- Kasetsart University, Part-time Lecturer, Thailand, 2 years
- Oxford Tutorial College, Tutor, UK, 1 year
- Greene's Tutorial College, Tutor, UK, 4 years
- Oxford Brookes University, Assistant Lecturer, UK, 3 years
Dr. Samiha Chemli
- +82 42-630-9180
- W19, #202
Dr Samiha Chemli is Assistant Professor in Hotel and Tourism Management, ‘Sol International School’, Woosong University. She worked, from 2010 to 2017, as Associate Professor in Tourism Marketing, and as Program Manager of the Master in Tourism and Hotel Management at the ‘Business School Tunis’, the University of La Manouba Tunisia; and had more than 6 years of experience as Guest Professor in Tourism Management, at the University College Birmingham, UK. Moreover, Dr Chemli has a professional experience in the tourism industry, as she performed, as a Managing Director of two companies, in the fields of Managing Hotels and Events’ organization, for more than 6 years.
She is holder of a PhD in Organisational Management and Tourism at the University of La Manouba Tunisia in partnership with the University College Birmingham, UK; a MA in Tourism Business Administration at the University of Birmingham, UK and a BA in Hotel and Tourism Management at the Higher School of Business Tunis.
The main areas of research of Dr Chemli are Tourists’ behaviour and perception, tourism destinations and tourism products’ positioning; crisis management, tourism regional development, and FDI & FII in tourism.
Dr. Sudipta Kiran Sarkar
- firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
- +82 42-630-9965
- W19, #205
Dr. Sudipta has been an academic in Tourism & Hospitality for more than 15 years. His extensive experience involves teaching & learning and scholarly activities in the countries of India, Malaysia, Hong Kong, and currently South Korea. Dr. Sudipta completed his PhD in 2015 from the prestigious SHTM, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University - ranked No. 1 in the world according to the prestigious ShanghaiRanking’s Global Ranking of Academic Subjects (GRAS) 2017. Dr. Sudipta served as Co-ordinator for Curriculum Development & Review Unit for a considerable time in Malaysia. As the Co-ordinator for Curriculum Development & Review Unit, he was involved in development of curriculum and coordinating curriculum review and design activities for new and existing courses. He also recently held the position of Acting Head of Program, Tourism also for a considerable time in Malaysia. As a part of his academic career in India, Malaysia, Hong Kong and now South Korea, he has gathered the invaluable experience of working in a culturally diverse environment in terms of working with colleagues and teaching students from across South & South-East Asia, Europe, Australia and Africa. Dr. Sudipta moved to Woosong University in December, 2016 and is currently the Head of Program for Masters of Arts in Culinary Entrepreneurship.
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)
in Hotel & Tourism Technology Management from The Hong KongPolytechnic University, Hong Kong.
Thesis Title: “Investigating the effects of Value in online communities on Ecotourists’ Satisfaction in Socialisation and Intention to share knowledge via Social Media”.
- Areas of Teaching Interest :
Sustainable Hospitality Environments, Hospitality Information Technology, Gastronomy Tourism, Culinary Tourism, Hospitality Accounting & Finance
- Areas of Research Interest :
Digital Technologies in Tourism & Hospitality, Social media, Big Data, Smart Tourism
Urban Sustainable Tourism/Urban Ecotourism/ Sustainable Mass Tourism
Tourism & Hospitality Pedagogy
- Sarkar, S.K. & George, B.P. (2017).The life cycles of destination life cycle models - a critical comparison and synthesis in the context of destinations in Asia. In P. O. de Pablos and Z.M. Aung (Eds.) Tourism and Opportunities for Economic Development in Asia. IGI Global.
- Sarkar, S.K. (2017) Changing behavioural patterns of travellers to urban ecotourism sites of Kuala Lumpur. In P. O. de Pablos and Z.M. Aung (Eds.) Tourism and Opportunities for Economic Development in Asia. IGI Global.
- Sarkar, S.K., Au, N. & Law, R. (2016) Analysing the effect of value in online communities on satisfaction in online socialisation and knowledge-sharing intentions of eco ? tourists. In P. O. de Pablos (Ed.) Managerial Strategies and Solutions for Business Success in Asia. IGI Global.
- Sarkar, S. K & George, B.P. (2016) Modeling tourism as a peace agent: how to harness the genie? A.M Nedelea and M.O. Nedelea (Eds.) Peace Marketing. Universitara Publishing House, Bucharest, Romania.
- Sarkar, S.K., Au, N. & Law, R. (2014). Analysing ecotourists' satisfaction in socialisation and knowledge sharing intentions via social media. In Z. Xiang and I. Tussyadiah (Eds.). Information and Communication Technologies in Tourism 2014, (pp.313-326). Springer International Publishing, Switzerland 2013. ISBN: 978-3-211-99406-1.
- Sarkar, S.K., and Sarkar, P.K (2010). Use of internet applications & tools by health tourism agents in Malaysia; an exploratory study. In Gretzel, U. et al. (Eds.). Information and Communication Technologies in Tourism 2010 (pp.63-74). Springer Wien New York. ISBN: 978-3-319-03972-5.
Dr. Amare Wondirad
- +82 42-630-9180
- W19, 232
- PhD, In Tourism Management school of Hotel and Tourism Management, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong, SAR, China, 2018
- Joint MSc, In Tourism Management, University of Southern Denmark, University of Ljubljana and University of Girona, Denmark Slovenia and Spain, 2012
- Bachelor Degree in Tourism Management, University of Gondar, Ethiopia, 2007
- School of Hotel and Tourism Management, Hawassa University Ethiopia, 1 Year
- School of Hotel and Tourism Management, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong, SAR, China 3 Year
- Department of Tourism Management, University of Gondar, Ethiopia, 7 year
Prof. Zhao Sophie Ywe
- +82 42-629-6801
- W19, 217
- BA in French Language BFSU Beijing China 1986
- CITS China International Travel Service, China 9 years
- Marriott Kamala BAY Phuket, Thailand 2 years
- Chong Kong Travel Seychelles 3 years
Dr. Alaa Abukhalifeh
- +82 42-630-6148
- W16, 401
- Doctor of Philosophy, Hotel Management (Food and Beverage Service and Restaurant Management), School of Housing, Building and Planning. Universiti Sains Malaysia, (6/10/2011-17/11/2015).
- Master in Tourism Management, Yarmouk University, (2010).
- B.Sc. In Hotel Management, Jordan Applied University, College of Hospitality and Tourism Education (2003-2007).
- Assistant Professor AT Hospitality & Tourism Sol International Hospitality Management (SIHOM) Sol International School http://sis.ac.kr Office 4041. Endicott Building (W16) Woosong University.
- Senior lecturer AT Management and Science University management & Science University, University Drive, Off Persiaran Olahraga, Section 13, 40100 Shah Alam, Selangor Darul Ehsan. 40100 Selangor (1/3/2016-20/8/2018).
- Research Coordinator Management and Since University, School of Hospitality and creative Arts (2016_2018).
- Graduate Research Assistant Sustainable Tourism Research Cluster University Sains Malaysia, Penang September 2011 ?June 2015.
Dr. Saul Serna
- +82 42-630-9210
- W19, 216
- PhD, Kangwon National University, Korea, 2018
- Hallym University, Korean Language, Korea, 2012
- Master’s degree, University of the Americas-Puebla, Mexico, 2010
- BA, Universidad Autonoma de Nuevo Leon, Mexico, 1992
- Woosong University, Assistant Professor, International Affairs, Latin America & Spain, Korea, April 2018-currently
- Hallym University, Lecturer, Korea, 2 years
- 한국유네스코협회연맹, Cross-Cultural Awareness Programme-UNESCO, Multicultural Instructor, Korea, 2 years
- 서울시립청소년 문화교류센터, Seoul Youth Center for Cultural Exchanges, Multicultural Instructor, Korea, 4 years
- Instituto Juarez Lincoln, High school Teacher, Mexico, 2 years
- Universidad de las Americas Puebla, Spanish Professor, Mexico, 1 year
Eka Diraksa Putra
Dr. Eka Diraksa Putra
- +82 42-630-9965
- W19, #205
- Ph.D. in Hospitality Management (2016) Department of Hospitality Management, University of Missouri Columbia, MO, USA,
- M.B.A. in General Business Administration (2009) Robert W. Plaster School of Business, Columbia College, Columbia, MO, USA,
- B.S. in Financial Management (2005) Department of Economics and Business, Universitas Indonesia, Depok, Indonesia,
- Assistant Professor, Woosong University (Sol International School), School of Hospitality Management (since Sept. 2019)
- Assistant Professor, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, School of Hotel and Tourism Management (July 2016 - June 2019
- Graduate Research and Teaching Assistant, University of Missouri Columbia, Department of Hospitality Management (January 2011 - May 2016)
Prof. Thomas Pratt
- +82 42-625-6922
- W19, #211
Thomas Pratt is an Assistant Professor with the International Department of Hospitality Management (SIHOM) of Sol International School (SIS) at Woosong University in Daejeon, Korea. Professor Pratt is candidate for a PhD in Hospitality Management at the University of South Carolina and holds a Masters of Business Administration with a focus on Leadership from The Citadel Military College of South Carolina and a Bachelors of Hospitality Administration from the University of South Carolina, Beaufort. In addition, Professor Pratt has extensive experience in the hospitality Industry including:
- Chef/Lecturer at the University of South Carolina in Columbia, SC. As a PhD student, Professor Pratt lectured in multiple undergraduate classes. In addition, Professor Pratt completed his faculty certification through the University of South Carolina’s Center for Teaching Excellence.
- Banquet Manager at the Embassy Suites North Charleston Airport Convention Center in Charleston, SC. While serving in this position, Professor Pratt managed the operations of the largest convention center in the state of South Carolina and one of the largest in the Southeast region of the United States.
- Managing Director of Quarters One, The President’s House at The Citadel Military College, in Charleston, SC. While in this position, Thomas oversaw all events held at Quarters One and also assisted with any events related to the President of the College.
- General Manager of the Charleston Harbor Fish House, the flagship restaurant of Charleston Harbor Resorts. As the General Manager, Professor Pratt was responsible for the operations of a seven million dollar facility that housed two restaurants, three bars and multiple event spaces, as well as a retail store.
- Contract Manager and Consultant primarily through Hospitality Staff in Charleston, SC. In this position, Professor Pratt supervised the front of house for numerous extravagant and exclusive events including fund raisers, weddings and balls throughout the Southeastern United States.
- General Manager of the Original Waterfront Crab Shack, Fort Walton Beach, FL. As the General Manager of the Crab Shack Professor Pratt managed both a restaurant and a 300 slip marina along Florida’s famous Emerald Coast.
Published Articles & Conference Papers.
- DiPietro, R., Martin, D., & Pratt, T. (2019). Understanding employee longevity in independent fine dining restaurants. International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management.
- DiPietro, R., Pratt, T. (2018). The Influence of Supervisor Trust and Employee Well-Being on Employee Turnover Intentions in Family Dining Restaurants. 23rd Annual Graduate Education and Graduate Student Research Conference in Hospitality and Tourism, Fort Worth, TX.
- Taylor, S., Pratt, T. (2017). Decreasing Food Waste Through Increased Awareness at a University’s Dining Facilities. ICHRIE Research Report: The 21st Annual ICHRIE Conference, Baltimore, MD.
- DiPietro, R., Levitt, J., Pratt, T. (2017) LGBTQI Travel Motivations and Perceived Image Related to the Caribbean as an LGBTQI Destination. The 21st Annual ICHRIE Conference, Baltimore, MD.
- DiPietro, R., The Influence of Guest Perception of Authenticity: The Case of Aruban Restaurants. The 22nd Annual Graduate Education & Graduate Student Research Conference in Hospitality & Tourism, Houston, TX.
Main Research interest in
- The Influence of Trust on Employee Outcomes
- The Influence of Leadership on Organizational Outcomes
- The Influence of Culture on Both Organizations and Employees
Dr. Bipithalal Balakrishnan Nair
- +82 42-630-4711
- W16, #401
- PhD in Tourism Management, Business Management Research Institute (BMRI), University of Bedfordshire, United Kingdom, 2019
- MSc in International Tourism Management, Business Management Research Institute (BMRI), University of Bedfordshire, United Kingdom, 2012
- MSc in Food Technology, Mahatma Gandhi University, India, 2007
- BSc In Food Science, Mahatma Gandhi University, India, 2004
- Lecturer, CRIC-Anglia Ruskin University, Cambridge, United Kingdom – 1 year
- Lecturer, INTO University Partnerships, London, United Kingdom – 6 Months
- Assistant Lecturer, University of Bedfordshire, United Kingdom – 4 years
- Food safety officer and HACCP coordinator, Ornua Nutritional Ingredients, United Kingdom – 4 years
- Food safety officer, Foodtec UK , United Kingdom – 3 years
- Quality control and training officer, Casino group of hotels, India – 3 years
Dr. Raweewan Proyrungroj
- +82 42-630-9179
- W16, #401
- Doctor of Philosophy (Tourism Management), the Institute of Tourism Research, University of Bedfordshire, Luton, United Kingdom, 2013
- Master 2 en Management du Tourisme & Hôtellerie Internationale, UFR Sport, Tourisme, Hôtellerie Internationale, Université de Perpignan Via Domitia, Perpignan, France, 2006
- Executive Master of Business Administration (EMBA.) in International Hotel Management (Master de Management du Tourisme-Specialité: Hôtellerie Internationale), Institut Vatel, Nîmes, France, 2006
- Master of Business Administration International, Griffith University, Gold Coast, Australia, 1998
- Bachelor of Arts in Tourism (First Class Honours), Faculty of Humanities, Kasetsart University, Bangkok, Thailand, 1995
- Certificat d’Enseignement Superieur Management du Tourisme-Specialité Hôtellerie Internationale Institut Vatel, Nîmes, France, 2006
- Certificate of the Basic Guide Course, Tourism Authority of Thailand and Kasetsart University, Bangkok, Thailand, 1995
- Mahidol University, Faculty of Liberal Arts, Lecturer
- Suan Sunandha Rajabhat University, the Graduate School and Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences, Vice Dean for the Academic Affairs of the Graduate School and Chair of the Master of Arts in Tourism and Hospitality Management Program
- Mahidol University, International College, Lecturer.
- Burapha University, Hotel and Tourism Management Department, Lecturer
- Dusit Thani College, Tourism Management Department, Lecturer
- Best Western Hotel Le Galice, Assistant Executive Housekeeper (Management Trainee)
- Christian University of Thailand, Hotel and Tourism Management Department, Lecturer
- Proyrungroj, R. (2018). Cultural Tourism Management. Suan Sunandha Rajabhat University: Bangkok. (written in English)
- Proyrungroj, R. (2015). Tourist Behavior. Odean Store: Bangkok. (written in Thai language)
- Proyrungroj, R. (2008). Psychology for Service. Odeon Store: Bangkok. (written in Thai language)
- Proyrungroj, R. (2007). Tourist Guide. Odeon Store: Bangkok. (written in Thai language)
- Proyrungroj, R. (2005). Trace Back to Ayutthaya Period: When King Naresuan the Great Attacked Hantawaddy. Christian University Journal, 11(1), 1-11. (written in Thai language)
- Proyrungroj, R. (2002). Tourism Development and Environmental Concerns in Thailand). Christian University Journal, 8(3), 19-28. (written in English)
- Proyrungroj, R. (2002). Basic Concept and Guidelines for Managing Homestay. Christian University Journal, 8(1), 37-46. (written in Thai language)
- Proyrungroj, R. (2001). Ethics and Etiquette for Professional Guides. Christian University Journal, 7(1), 4-11. (written in Thai language)
- Proyrungroj, R. (1999). Legend of Phra Pathorn Chedi. Christian College Journal, 5(1), 57- 58. (written in Thai language)
- Proyrungroj, R. (2020). Volunteer Tourism: Motivations of Thai Tourists and Western Tourists. European Journal of Tourism Research, 24, 2408
- Proyrungroj, R. (2017). Orphan Volunteer Tourism in Thailand: Volunteer Tourists’ Motivations and On-Site Experiences. Journal of Hospitality& Tourism Research, 41(5), 560-584.
- Proyrungroj, R. (2016). Host-Gust Relationship in the Context of Volunteer Tourism. European Journal of Tourism Research, 16, 177-200.
- Proyrungroj, R. (2015). The Attitudes of Thai Hosts towards Western Volunteer Tourists. European Journal of Tourism Research, 11, 102-124.
International Conferences Participations & Papers
- Proyrungroj, R. (2018). Travel Constraints of Taking a Volunteer Vacation Abroad. The 44th International Academic Conference, Vienna, Australia, between 1-4 October 2018.
- Proyrungroj, R. (2018). Perceived Risks of Travelling Oversea: A Case of Thai Tourists. The 2nd Rome International Conference on Social Science & Humanities (ICSSH), Rome, Italy, between 5-6 June 2018.
- Proyrungroj, R. (2018). Constraints in Travel Participation: A Case of Thai Tourists Taking an Outbound Trip. The International Conference on Management, Economics & Social Science (ICMESS), Zurich, Switzerland, between 16-17 May 2018.
- Proyrungroj, R. (2017). Volunteering for Animals: Understanding Interactions between Volunteer Vacationers and Hosts. The International Conference on Education, Psychology and Society (ICEEPS2017), Hokkaido, Japan, between 19-21 January 2017.
- Proyrungroj, R. (2016). Why do You Work during Holiday?: Understanding Motives and Benefits of Volunteer Vacation. The11th International Conference on Social Science and Humanities (ICSSH), London, United Kingdom, between 19-20 September 2016.
- Proyrungroj, R. (2015). Interactions and Relationships between Volunteer Tourists and Hosts: A Case of the Special Education Centre of Ranong Province, Thailand. The International Conference on Tourism-ICOT2015, London, United Kingdom, between 24-27 June, 2015.
- Proyrungroj, R. (2014). Volunteer Tourism: A Means for Poverty Alleviation. The International Conference on Business Innovation and Technology Management, Osaka, Japan, between 16-17 October, 2014.
- Proyrungroj, R. (2014). An Investigation of Hosts’ Attitudes towards Volunteer Tourism: A Case of the Special Education Center of Ranong Province, Thailand. The COSA 2014 Biennial Conference on Sustainable Business, Energy and Development in Asia, Hiroshima, Japan, between 17 -19 March 2014.
- Proyrungroj, R. (2013). The Impacts of Volunteer Tourism on The Orphans. The 2nd World Research Summit for Tourism and Hospitality: Crossing the Bridge, Orlando, Florida, USA, between 13-20 December 2013.
- Tourism Management, Tourist Behavior, Volunteer Tourism, Cultural Tourism, Community-Based Tourism, Customer Behavior in the Hospitality Business, Service Quality, Destination Management, Qualitative-Based Research
Dr. Jellna Chung
- +82 42-630-4705
- W16, #401
- Ph.D in Hotel Management, College of Hotel and Tourism Management (Global Track)
Kyung Hee University, Republic of Korea, 2020
- M.S in Hospitality Business Management, Broad College of Business, Michigan State University, Michigan, USA, 2011
- B.A in Accounting and Management, Carthage College, Wisconsin, USA, 2008
- Instructor, College of Hotel and Tourism Management, Kyung Hee University, Republic of Korea
- Assistant Manager, Ambassador – Accor Hotel Group Headquarter, Marketing & Communication Team
- Secretary-General, People and Global Business Association (P&GBA)
- Manuscript Editor, Global Business and Finance Review (GBFR), Indexed in SCOPUS, KCI, etc.
- Conference Organizing Director, World Conference of Business and Management (WCBM)
- Lim, H., Choi, J., Akhmedov, A. & Chung, J. (2019). Predicting future trends of media elements in hotel marketing by using Change Propensity Analysis. International Journal of Hospitality Management, 82(2019) 207-277.
- Chai, Y., Choi, J., & Chung, J. (2019). Realities beyond the Grey-Markov Model for Forecasting International Tourism Demand. Global Business and Finance Review, 24(2), 58-68.
- Chung, J. & Choi, J. (2018). Conceptualizing Global Investment Evaluation Model by Understanding the Environmental Key Risk Variables and their Impacts on the Market Size of the Hotel Industry. Global Business and Finance Review, 23(3), 68-80.
- Singh, S., Chung, J. & Choi, J. (2017). Dimensioning and Revealing Perceived Travel Experiences of International Residents in Korea by Using Semi-Structured Interviews. Global Business and Finance Review, 22(4), 101-118.
- Lee, H., Chung, J. & Choi, J. (2017). A Study on the Effect of Internal Marketing for Hotel Employees on Management Performance through Job and Organizational Commitment, Korean Journal of Business Administration, 30(12), 2233-2250.
- Chen, L., Chung, J. & Choi, J. (2017). The Effect of Information Resources and Information Choice Attribute on the Chinese Tourists’ Choice of tourism Destinations, Korean Journal of Business Administration, 30(1), 99-115.
- Shinar, M., Choi, J. & Chung, J. (2016). International Tourists’ Awareness and Attitude about Environmental Responsibility and Sustainable Practices. Global Business and Finance Review, 21(2), 132-146.
- Bui, T., Chung, J. & Choi, J. (2016). Lifestyle based Travel Product Selection Attributes and Tourist Satisfaction: Focused on Vietnamese Tourists to Korea, Korea Journal of Hospitality & Tourism, 25(5), 65-83.
- Akhmedov, A., Chung, J. & Choi, J. (2015). The Relationship between Degree of International Diversification and Financial Performance in Restaurant Service Industry: Evidence from U.S. Korean Journal of Business Administration, 29(2), 169-193.
[Academic Conferences Participations]
- Chai, Y., Choi, J. & Chung, J. (2019). Realities beyond the Grey-Markov Model for Forecasting International Tourism Demand, 5th World Conference on Business and Management (WCBM 2019), Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, June.
- Chung, J. & Choi, J. (2018). Conceptualizing Global Investment Evaluation Model by Understanding the Environmental Key Risk Variables and their Impacts on the Market Size of the Hotel Industry, the 2nd International Conference on Business and Communication (ICBC 2018), Jakarta, Indonesia, July.
- Akhmedov, A., Chung, J. & Choi, J. (2018). Understanding Cross-cultural Difference in Restaurant Customers’ Attitudes toward Complaining, Complaining Behavior, and Service Recovery Preferences. Conference Proceedings, 4th World Conference on Business and Management (WCBM 2018), Jeju Island, Republic of Korea, June.
- Singh, P., Chung, J. & Choi, J. (2017). Revealing and Staging Diverse Context of Foreign Community’s Holiday Experiences at Korean Destination by Exploratory Qualitative Study. Conference Proceedings, the 3rd World Conference on Business and Management (WCBM 2017), Bali, Indonesia, July.
- Zhai, S, Choi, J., Chung, J. & Lee, S. (2016). Using Multiple Discriminant Analysis for Predicting Hotel Business Failures in Korea. Conference Proceedings, the 2nd World Conference on Business and Management (WCBM 2016), Danang, Vietnam, June.
- Chung, J. and Kim, S. (2011). Segmentation of the Boutique Hotel Market Using a Vacation-related Lifestyle Approach. Conference Proceedings, the Korea America Hospitality and Tourism Educators Association Conference, Las Vegas, NV, USA, May.
- Chung, J. and Kim, S. (2011). Consumer Perception of Boutique Hotel. Conference Proceedings, Great Lakes Hospitality and Tourism Educators Conference in Grand Rapids, MI, USA, April.
- Choi, J. & Chung, J. (2019). Hotel & Restaurant Service Management, Saeromi Publishing Co.
- Choi, J. & Chung, J. (2018). Principles of M&A in Hotel Industry – Business Analysis and Valuation, Daewang Publishing Co.
- Choi, J. & Chung, J. (2017). Introduction to Cost Control in Hotel & Restaurant Industry, Daewang Publishing Co.
- Finance / Accounting
- Strategic Management
- Investment Model / Forecasting
- Revenue Management